Even if your router is working properly, there is nothing to be intimidated for as long as you are not missing out on its optimization. Yes, there are some tactics or methods that can help to improve your router’s performance and convert your ‘ok’ experience into an ‘excellent’ one. Router Address understands that not every user is capable enough to understand the technical elements in a router and we are here with the step-by-step guide to demonstrate you how to make your router efficient.
Never feel ashamed or discouraged if you don’t know the advertising terms because they are usually intended for experts. Being a beginner, you should only focus on getting knowledge by following Router Address’s guidelines. From upgrading your router to optimizing and making the first purchase, Router Address will assist you.
Elements to Consider for a Router Purchase
Don’t get overwhelmed by the number of options for a router because every brand and model would claim to be the best and you will have to choose smartly from the list. For this, the first and foremost thing is to analyze your requirements and list down the options that correspond with them. Yes, each brand would offer different specifications and you will have to make a decision based on a couple of factors. Whether for a business with multiple users or for gaming, these factors are always necessary to consider:
- Internet Speed Limit: Who doesn’t want a high-speed internet service, especially when it’s about streaming your favorite show or online gaming? What if the internet is sending good signals fine but your router is unable to transfer them? Sound irritating, right? Well, you can avoid getting into this trouble by playing smart at the time of router purchase. Yes, you should do thorough analysis, which starts from checking the internet’s maximum speed and its compatibility with the selection router. If a router supports 50mbps of internet speed, there is no point of using 25mbps of internet speed or vice versa as it would hinder the internet performance.
- Wi-Fi Network Range: Every router comes with a specific network range and so does the price. Living in an apartment means that you don’t have to go for a router with mesh network range since the area wouldn’t be that big. Such routers are ideal for 6-bedroom houses.
- Convenience: As mentioned above, you should go for a simple router that has easy-to-understand interface. Preferably, you should go with routers that are compatible with mobile apps as they are easy to manage.
- Additional Features: With growing technology, routers have become more efficient. They can now do more than just providing internet to the users. There are USB ports, beamforming, and tri and quad-band networks having new and better features.
What Else Can You Expect From Your Router?
Now that you have found the right router, it’s time to connect it and access the internet. But, that’s not all you can do with it. There is much more you can do- if you want to explore more, then access the router’s interface with its IP address and there will be many opportunities to avail.
Let’s have a look at some of those opportunities now:
- Parental control to restrict access to certain websites and content
- Make the internet access private
- Creation of a guest network from the same router can reduce load from the main router, thereby letting all guests to enjoy the same quality of internet
- With multiple devices, there is the possibility to share files through LAN or local area network
Your IP Address
Every router in the market comes with an IP address that is used to access the router’s interface. Though, you should not underestimate the power of the IP address because it is responsible to send and receive data as you used to receive on your home address. Normally, IP version 4 or IPv4 is used as an IP address, consisting of a set of 4 numbers with a period in-between. The numbers vary from 0 to 255 that you must know and learn know to use them for your purpose.
For a good start to your learning, Router Address has listed a few IP addresses for your ease:
Don’t rely upon these IP addresses completely because your router would have its own IP address on the base. Always check the unit or get in touch with Router Address’s experts to get assistance on the matter.
Manage Your Router Easily with Router Address
Router Address has designed their guides and tools in such a way that anyone can get benefits from them. Be it a beginner or an expert, our guides can help you to make the most of the routers. Other than that, Router Address can assist in the following:
- Selection of a router as per your needs
- Explain initial setup for different models and brands along with how to make connection with internet-capable devices
- Modify router login details and Wi-Fi network
- Find public and private IP addresses of the router
- Know the Internet Service Provider or ISP in a better way i.e. who are they, their level of services, internet speed etc.
- Explain specific features of the router and demonstrate methods to make the most of them
With Router Address, you are rest assured of experiencing a completely different internet network. Not only the experts guarantee better knowledge and insight but also try their level best to improve internet experience- be it gaming, streaming or just browsing.