Your Router is the heart of your Wi-Fi network. The Router is usually plugged into the mains and connected to the internet supplied by your ISP, which is the internet service provider. If you want a more secure network, then you will need to log into the maintenance page of your Router to change the Password and username of the network, set your network distribution preferences and parental controls.
- The first step to log in is to ensure that your device is connected to the network through a wireless or a wired Ethernet connection.
- When the connection has been established, open your preferred web browser and type in your IP address tplogin.cn
- A login screen will appear from the Router's maintenance page. Type in your login details, and if you don't know it, you can get it from the Router's base or the manufacturer's website.
- Change the login details.
INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS OR IP ADDRESS
The IP address is an address that computers use to manage data requests. For example, the Router has a private and public address, and 192.168.1.1 is a private address. Only devices that are connected to your network can view the private IP address. The computer device transmits the data request to the private address, later sending it to the public address. The website visited utilizes the public internet protocol address to transfer data requests and send the requested information back to the public internet protocol address that sent it.
WHY YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ROUTER
- You might encounter a problem when trying to connect to your Router. When this happens, double-check if you are connected via using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. If it is connected, check the router indicator light and ensure that it is working. The Router has indicator lights showing when the Ethernet port and Wi-Fi are working.
- Technical problems could also arise when the computer firewall acts as a defense mechanism against the Router, which prevents it from connecting. Try to disable your firewall to see if a connection will be established.
- You might be finding it difficult to connect if you made a mistake typing the IP address in your browser.
- If you have tried everything above and it is not working, unplug the router from its power supply for about 2-3 minutes and plug it back in. This will reboot the Router and return it to default settings.
THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD
You will have to log into your router maintenance page to change the username and Password. If this is your first time, most routers have default login details you can use to gain access. Some of them include;
HOW TO CHANGE THE WI-FI PASSWORD OF YOUR ROUTER
Changing the Wi-Fi password of your Router will depend on the router model.
- Follow the instructions above to log in to your Router's maintenance page.
- Go through the menu and click on the wireless security settings when the connection has been established.
- Look for the Wi-Fi password field and type in your new Password.
- Save the changes.
It is advisable to change your Password from the default because the default password is easy to guess. If you forget your Password, press the WPS button at the back of the Router to log in to your network for thirty minutes without using a password.
THE IP ADDRESS
Manufacturers usually use the same address for their private IP address. This is a list of the common IP addresses;
You can access your IP address based on the OS of the computer.
- Go to the bottom left of your screen and click on the network symbol.
- Click on the connection properties menu and search for the chain of numbers next to IPv4.
MAC OS X;
- Locate the Apple menu and click on the system preferences.
- Click on network preferences.
- Choose between Wi-Fi and LAN.
- The IP address will be next to the word Router.
WHAT IS THE NAME OR SSID OF YOUR tplogin.cn ROUTER?
The default username of your network can be found at the Router's base, and it can also be changed. Changing the name of your Wi-Fi network depends on your Router. The process includes;
- Type tplogin.cn into your browser's search bar and enter your login information when prompted.
- Locate the menu SSID.
- Click on the menu and make the necessary changes.